POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K) : Re: Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K)
From: Joanne Simpson
Date: 20 Jan 2006 22:05:01
Message: <web.43d1a3f447f2b5e7827af7510@news.povray.org>
Marc said - The heron looks like it has too few triangles(?)  Is it a
bicubic_patch model? If so, you might want to increase the patches' u_steps
and v_steps, to make it smoother.
Yes, heron still needs work. It's a mesh2 modelled in Wings3D. Too many
feathers and Wings3D dies from overwork.
Thomas said - I think the lava-like ground looks strange, and I would expect
that on Hawaii, not in the Autralian bush, or am I horribly mistaken? Why
not use some really well-weathered, lateritic (red) soil or sandstone
texture?

Spot on with Australia - and the next version of the ground will be more
lateritic, as is most of the dirt where I live.

Charles said - How was the house constructed? Which modeling program or is
it CSG?
It's all Wings 3D and procedural textures - simple cubes with some
additional modelling on the ones nearest the camera.

Jim said - I would be intereseted in how you got the wavy look to the tall
grass.
All of the plants are meshes - modelled in XFrog, PlantStudio and I think
one is from 3DCafe.